All in all, this repair and setup took me about 4 hours to do. Here’s the list of what was done:
- Fret level, dress, and polish
- Adjusted truss rod for proper relief
- Installed and adjusted new Graphtech Tusq XL nut
- Installed new Wilkinson Tuners
- Installed new Switchcraft 1/4″ jack
- Cleaned pots/electronics
- Adjusted intonation at the bridge
- Set proper string height
Would I recommend doing all of these repairs/setup at a professional for this kind of guitar? No.
You would be much better served to spend $400 on a Mexican Strat or similarly priced guitar new than to fix up something like this. But I did this work for a friend and I wanted the practice at setting up and repairing a strat-style guitar.